“Facial massage is like coffee for the skin. Everything comes to life”
Gucci Westman, makeup artist
My oldest regular client, Jean, is 91 years old. She looks fabulous. All her friends tell her so. She tells me that her skin is transformed through using her facial oil and massaging it in every day. However, you’re never too young to reap the benefits.
The wonderful thing about facial massage is that it is easy to do and can help your face glow, taking the tiredness and sluggishness away. It just takes five minutes in front of the mirror, but boy! you will notice the results.
By stimulating the face muscles with regular massage you help bring oxygen into that area. Not only that, but massage will encourage more blood flow to the area which in turn will help increase collagen production, resulting in a healthy and natural glow to the complexion.
If you fancy giving it a go, here’s how. After cleansing your face at night, use a light facial oil that isn’t going to clog up your skin as you sleep. We recommend the Mallow + White range (obviously).
1. Place 3-4 drops of facial oil onto the palm of your hand, rub your hands together to evenly spread the oil and then you’re ready to work on the sections of your face.
2. Start on the cheeks. Draw big circles using your fingers or knuckles, moving upwards.
3. On one side of the face at a time, rub from the mid-jaw to the cheekbone with long upward strokes, pressing firmly for a moment at the top.
4. Work smile lines with upward strokes, from the corners of the mouth to the corners of the nose.
5. With your fingers, lift and hold both brows to open up the eye area. Rub in a circle around the eye socket out to the temples, eventually expanding to include the forehead.
6. Admire your beautifully glowing face.
Why not give your face a helping hand and be the best that you can possibly be, whatever your age? I know Jean would agree with me.